Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Easy Roasted Whole Chicken and Why eat ORGANIC.

(before I put it in the oven)

One whole organic chicken (Costco has these in two packs, Whole Foods, or farmers market), rinsed and pat dry
sea salt and any spices you like, ex italian seasonings, always organic
carrots, celery, red potatoes, organic again
olive oil organic

1. Rub chicken in olive oil or you could also rub melted organic butter
2. grease your glass pan with organic palm oil or olive oil
3. lay your veggies in the bottom to create a nice bed for the chicken to rest on
4. put oiled and spiced up chicken on top and place in the oven at 425F for 1.5-2hours
Enjoy a whole meal!

Why stress organic eating? Because it's chemical and junk free, or mostly the best we can get in the age we are living in.  Our great-grandparents or some of you your grandparents lived on farms in small communities and had access to fresh organic food all the time.  There was no need to have these labels. Now there is big business in selling food products with a bunch of scary chemicals and altered ingredients.  Some people say, "I'll be fine eating those chemicals, that's why the government allows them on the shelves at grocery stores." Some even use phrases like, "all in moderation."  I'd like the address these statements at the root which is FEAR!! Fear to change, a LOT of people fear someone like me would want them to not enjoy eating at all and take away all their yumminess.  That is not true at all.  I believe when God promised the Israelites a new land flowing with "milk and honey." He knew they would understand those ingredients as delicious.  God wants us to enjoy eating way more than big businesses who make cereals, chips, cookies, and candies do. I'll show you how this is possible.  Then you might say, well I cannot afford this type of organic eating.  Well I'm excited to tell you, YES YOU CAN! With a little re-prioritization and effort, you too can eat organic and healthy and feel the difference.  I'll be working on a blog post to come on this topic of $$$ and eating well!  I cannot wait to reveal to you my findings :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment